Up At Dawn

2 plaatsers

Ga naar beneden

Up At Dawn Empty Up At Dawn

Bericht van Juliet zo 29 jun 2014 - 19:43

There were times where i doubted life, doubted the choices people made for me and wasn't sure if the society people created was the real freedom. What we called freedom was nothing. We were locked into factions, growing up in the faction your parents lived in and chosing a faction you want to spend the rest of your life in. No way back, no second changed, you could get factionless if you failed to test time, you could lose everything, go from alot to nothing. It would make your future and decide your perpose in life. You couldn't be everything. And if the test decided that it didn't know what faction was the right one for you, you would be divergent. Maybe it sounded like fun, fitting everywhere, but if you fit everywhere, you belong nowhere. Divergents are the tumor of our city, they believed. They would hurt you and destroy you, they were bad for the city, bad for the humanity and bad for themself. What only gave them one more option, Divergents had to be killed, no excuses or exeptions
Right now I was 15 years old, I still had some time before that big day but I was shorter than it seemed to be in the first look. I was beyond nervous and I couldn't sleep for the last 2 years. I had to decide my life, by doing a test, what nobody was prepared for, studying for it was impossible. Still it would decide what was the best for you, the test knew you. But I had the feeling like I didn't even knew who I was, I mean, whole my life people have been telling me who I was, had to be, how I had to act, what I had to say, what I had to wear, what choices I had to make. I felt like I was living for others, not being able to live for myself or for some goal.

I opened my door and walked out, leaving the house that was still quiet, everyone was still asleep, and it was dawn. I was going out for a morning walk, just me and the nature, me and my thoughts, some time to think, to get things clear. I was walking over to the woods, where it was to most peacefull place of the whole faction. After minuts of walking I saw some girl in the distance. She was writing in some kind of book, so I decided to walk over to her.

Juliet
Juliet

Aantal berichten : 7

Paspoort
Oorspronkelijke factie: Amity
Gekozen factie: Amity
Partner: Forever Alone

Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden

Up At Dawn Empty Re: Up At Dawn

Bericht van Evangeline ma 30 jun 2014 - 15:47

It was quiet, and the whole world was motionless. For about half an hour, I listend to this silence full attention, to be sure I would not miss one single quiet melody. Nothing. The world was officially asleep. No voices, no footsteps, no whistles, no rustles, not even the sligtest sound that butterflies made when everything was quiet. I decided that I should put an end to this unbearable and unsettled silence. It was not pleasent to be alone with so many thoughts, it made me feel vulnerable, just before the Choosing Ceremony. My hand automatically reached for my diary, under my pillow, my habit for when this thoughts would creep up my mind. Drowsy, I got my feet onto the ground, when I suddenly pondered to do my writing outside.

Just a few minutes later, I opened the door to a beuatiful sunrise. which even put a smile up on my face. I decided to go where I usually went, the Butterfly Garden, as I had called it years ago.
Although the walk made me pant heavily, it was all fully worth it. The Garden was beautiful at this hour of the day. As I watched the patern of the colorful relief, the butterflies started to wake slowely. Smiling, I walked to a big tree where I opened the book, clicked the top of the pen and started to write. Time flew by, and I just forgot about it like it didn't even excisted.

Even though the silent had fade away, I started from my unwritten page when I heard a crackling branch. I turned my head in reflex, and saw an Amity girl, from who I thought was in my year. I quickley closed my diary and stared at her like a child busted for secretly grabbing candy. I suddenly remebered that I was Amity, so I trated my scared look for a warm smile and tried my hardest to sound friendly enough when I said; "Morning. You're an early bird too, right?" OK, it didn't sound genuine, but perhaps she would not blame me this early in the morning.

Evangeline
Evangeline
Admin

Aantal berichten : 313

Paspoort
Gekozen factie: X
Partner: Love is like a butterfly; it goes where it pleases, and it pleases where it goes

https://divergentrpg.actieforum.com

Bericht van Juliet zo 6 jul 2014 - 17:09

She looked up at me like she hadn't seen a human in ages, I backed away a little, scared for what she could do. I noticed that she had big green eyes with white-blonde hair that fell down her shoulders and stopped around her waist. She looked around my age but I still didn't trust the situation. When I shook myself out of the intens stare that I focussed on her I saw that she tried to smile genuine at me but I did not work very well. She spoke up: “Morning. You're an early bird too, right?" I grinned quietly. "Yes, I love that one moment of the day that you are not indipendable of your envirement but you can enjoy the sounds of the nature and have no hard emotions to deal with." I said slowly crawling over to her and taking place, leaning to the same tree, next to her. I looked down at her hands and saw that she was holding a notebook, when she saw me staring at her notebook she shut it immediately. "I'm sorry, that was rude of me.." I apologized, fiddling with my fingers. There was a moment of silence, where we both stared infront of us, not saying a word or making a noise. The girl started humming a song that I recognized. The national anthom. I giggled but hummed along with her, until we were singing the whole anthom together. When the song ended we shared a glance together, both smiling from the moment we just had together. “Hey, but I don’t even know your name, I’m Juliet, and honestly I don’t know why I haven’t met you before.”
Juliet
Juliet

Aantal berichten : 7

Paspoort
Gekozen factie: Amity
Partner: Forever Alone

Bericht van Evangeline di 8 jul 2014 - 14:35

Although she seemed quiet diffident at first, she fortunately answered my half question, half salution with a little grin and a "Yes, I love that one moment of the day that you are not independable of your environment but you can enjoy the sounds of the nature and have no hard emotions to deal with." I smiled at her words. I guess we knew who was not going to be a transfer. A little bit of jealousy suddenly hit me,  imagining how it would be like to, even for a minute, not have to be in the ongoing doubt. I silent sigh rolled over my lips as I thought of the approaching Choosing Ceremony, but managed to smile at her. I had sunk so deep in my thoughts and doubts, that I did not even noticed that she came a lot closer and now she was taking her place next to me, like this tree wasn't my spot. I moved over reluctantly, and glanced at her, trying to find her eyes. But they were driving down, right at my notebook. indignant, I placed both of my hands on the cover and shut it abruptly, still looking at her. She immediately seemed embarrassed and apologized quickly. "I am sorry, that was rude of me..." Her voice faded away and then there only was a silence. We both looked forward, my eyes following a lonely fluttering butterfly. I cleaned my troath. I couldn't stand this, having to share so little room with a person without any interaction. The silence just went on and on, and my fingers tingled to reach for my notebook and finish my train of thought. In order to prevent that, I started tapping them on one of my bended knees rhythmic. I only realised that I was humming, when the girl next to me started putting the words under it. The anthom of Amity. I looked at her, caught by surprise. This time, I did not even take me effort to put on a smile, and I sang the words along with her. It was very odd, but all of a sudden, I was singing with a complete stranger in the Woods in the early morning. The last words approached and our voices blended together in the final swipe. I glanced at her, which was way better now because we were sharing it. The sound of my laughter filled the Gardens. It was a long time since I heard it myself, let along that others heard it.
"Hey, but I don't even know your name. I am Juliet, and honestly I don't know why I haven't met you before." I shruged with a beam. Frankly, I was okay with the fact that she did not know my name. A deep exhale reluctantly rolled over my lips. I could do this, just like the song, out of nature.
"Evangeline, Carter." I was tended to stuck out my hand at her, but then realised, just in time, that that was just inappropriate at this point. "Jeah, well, Amity is a big faction, after all." We both know that that wasn't true. "And you are in my class, as a matter of fact. Anyway, I am just glad that we found eachother now." I sighed internal, I was always trying to find explanations for everything. I reorganized my stance so that I faced her and leaned my side against the tree. "Why did you come here? Not that I don't like your company, but... I just came here to think. About the Aptitude test, the Choosing Ceremony... Both are so close to happening and I..." I stopped my own chatter and asked her first. "Do you have any idea yet?" I looked asking at her.

Evangeline
Evangeline
Admin

Aantal berichten : 313

Paspoort
Gekozen factie: X
Partner: Love is like a butterfly; it goes where it pleases, and it pleases where it goes

https://divergentrpg.actieforum.com

Bericht van Gesponsorde inhoud

Gesponsorde inhoud

Terug naar boven

Permissies van dit forum: